Bringing you the latest statistical insight and commentary on consumer behaviour trends from across Europe
- Europe was swept by a prolonged and destructive heatwave during July and August, so store traffic took a hit in Q3 2018.
- The Republic of Ireland performed best, as its economy continues to improve, and Irish retailers deliver professional and engaging in-store experiences.
- Spain, Switzerland and Italy are to be congratulated on solid traffic performances this challenging quarter.
- The UK is facing Brexit uncertainty and price inflation, while German consumer spending has also been hit by inflation and economic worries.
- French stores enjoyed a Year-on-Year traffic uplift in August (+2.4%) but July and September were quieter leaving Q3 traffic down -3.5%.