Bringing you the latest consumer behaviour trends from across Europe
Welcome to ShopperTrak’s latest Shopper Trends report for Europe. Here we provide statistical insight and commentary on international shopper behaviour across key European countries during Q1 of 2018.
- The ‘Beast from the East’ brought snow, ice and sub-zero temperatures in February and March, contributing to a -1.8% slide in store traffic.
- Poland had to contend with a new legal restriction on Sunday trading, meaning many stores were closed on two Sundays in March.
- Portugal enjoyed an impressive +2.4% YOY uplift, and Spain’s stores also generated traffic growth — both countries building on the successes of Q3 and Q4 2017.
- Switzerland put in the third best performance, thanks to a busy March in stores.
- Spain’s business community is poised for the impact of localised political upheaval around the Catalan issue, which could knock consumer confidence.
- Brexit uncertainty continues to concern retailers and consumers in the UK and Ireland.
Please fill in your details and we will email you the full European Shopper Trends report for Q1.